As of August 2016, 20 students are enrolled in the BVMF program, through ongoing weekly lessons and classes. This group of students has found a way to find joy in experiencing the beauty of life through music and hope for a career in this discipline.
You will see that while we have made excellent progress in helping some blind students, there are many more who are eagerly waiting to join our program.
BVMF offers many classes and programs to meet the abilities and interests of our blind and visually impaired students.
Some of the many programs we offer include:
- Braille music reading, ear training & solfege
- Private lessons in piano, violin, guitar, dance, and singing & voice training
- Group practices in all these disciplines for social enrichment
- Student counseling
- Monthly meetings with a counselor to evaluate student needs, problems and concerns
- Quarterly social events such as recitals or concerts designed for students to perform for others
- Teacher training workshops. These are professional teacher workshops in the special needs of blind students. The information and skills provided will enable teachers to successfully integrate blind music students into existing music classes
- An intern program to train selected students to be assistants in the classrooms. Such workshops are designed to educate some students ready for their career advancement as music instructors to aid their peers.
Percussion, Drum, Keyboard
World Of Music – Tarzana
19100 Ventura Blvd, #11 Tarzana, California 91356
World Of Music – Los Angeles
1012 S. Robertson Blvd, Unit H
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Irvine Music Academy
2575 McCabe Way, Suite 270
Irvine, CA 92614
250 Vis Las Brisas, #250
Newbury Park, CA 91320